To Become The Pre-eminent Regional Apex Organization Empowering Caribbean people through a Unified Co-operative Sector.
To drive Caribbean Co-operatives towards improved Economic Competitiveness and Social Well-Being”
In pursuit of its mission, the CCCU performs the following broad functions:
- Defending and representing the interest of the Co operative Sector;
- Providing technical and managerial assistance to strengthen and expand the Co-operative Sector;
- Promoting and facilitating technology transfers and expertise;
- Conducting promotional and educational campaigns to showcase Co-operative Sector achievements and benefits;
- Organizing educational conventions and other fora to strengthen leadership, governance and management;
- Providing directors and employees opportunities for skills training with regional and international certification;
- Mobilizing financial and technical resources for expanding the sector
CCCU Strategic Business Unit
The CCCU is structured into two (2) primary strategic business units, namely the Trade Association and the Development Foundation.
The mandate of the Association is to project the CCCU as a major regional advocate for the Co-operative Sector as a critical stakeholder in social-economic development and integration of the Caribbean. In this regard, it is responsible for research, marketing, representation, affiliate relations, policy advocacy, legislation and regulation, training and education, and expanding the sector throughout the region.
The primary responsibility of the Foundation is to foster social and community development through co operative activities by formulating programmes and projects aimed at disaster relief, education, youth and rural development.
Whenever practicable the CCCU seeks to partner with other organizations domestic and regional, in general, and the Credit Union Sector in particular, for the advancement of the Sector.